By Alicia Moore
- “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
- “It is not the length of life, but depth of life.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift.”
Mary Oliver, Thirst
- “Love is a friendship set to music.”
- “For my part, I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.”
Vincent Van Gogh
- “I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”
- “Nature is a constant reminder of the beauty of consistence, the utility of patience and persistence, the vanity of arrogance, and the necessity of impermanence.”
- “We are snowflakes, melting on the tongue of the universe.”
John Mark Green, Taste the Wild Wonder: Poems
9. “We need beauty because it makes us ache to be worthy of it.”
Share some of your favorite quotes with us!